Seagrave Introduced the Capitol Cab and Chassis at FDIC
The Capitol™ offers SUPERIOR CUSTOMER VALUE for the customers looking for a heavier duty, easier to maintain, easier to access cab, easier to operate, and more comfortable fire apparatus.
EASE OF MAINTENANCE
- Access to air filter, engine and transmission fluids, coolant reservoir, DEF, and batteries without the need to tilt the cab for routine, in-station, preventive maintenance.
- Dedicated access door panels allow quick and easy adjustment of door latches.
- AC gravity drain simplifies maintenance without reducing the cooling system efficiency.
- Shock brackets single side fasteners allows for a single person install and removal.
EASE OF PERSONNEL ACCESS
- A lower-to-the-ground cab floor allows for access with only two steps.
- Higher flat roof cab ceiling clearance of 59”.
- Same width top to bottom, wider crew cab doors allows for easy entry and exit of fully suited crew members.
- Crew area flat floor eliminates tripping hazards and allows for easier entry and exit of the rear of the cab.
EASE OF OPERATION
- Higher position of the air intake reduces risk when crossing standing water.
- Lower center of gravity provides for easier handling of turns at high speed.
- A 20% more powerful front defrost with six enhanced air diffusers clears windshield and side window condensation much quicker.
- Available cab side doors allow for quick access to internal storage space from outside the cab.
- Improved visibility for Driver and Officer provided by higher seating positions coupled with lower profile dash.
- Additional power distribution area dedicated to the crew cab area.
- Writing/map desk available on the dash for improved officer work space area.
- Recessed grab handles provide easier access in narrower truck fit conditions.
IMPROVED PERSONAL COMFORT
- The independent, dual zone AC system with double condensing capacity provides more cooling for the front and rear areas of the cab.
- Improved air ducting and diffuser system delivers precise air flow control throughout the cab.
- Improved seat positions in front and crew cab areas offering additional leg room, hip room, and workspace.
- Recessed seat belt retractors improve crew area space and reduce interference with crew cab features and personal.
SAFETY, LONGEVITY AND DURABILITY
- The Capitol™ is engineered and built to provide maximum safety, longevity and durability. FIREFIGHTERS PROTECT COMMUNITIES – SEAGRAVE PROTECTS FIREFIGHTERS™.
- The Capitol™, like all Seagrave cabs, is inclusive of a rigid stainless steel sub-assembly safety structure that surrounds occupants.