1. Position Description
Directs and trains hourly work force. Ensures production commitments are fulfilled. Ensures Company policies and procedures are followed. Continuously works to improve safety, quality, and productivity in assigned area.
2. Essential Job Functions
- Supervise employees on the execution of production or other tasks in accordance with a production plan.
- Maintain Safety awareness and support implementation of prevention initiatives.
- Enforce Company policies including discipline, safety, and attendance.
- Work with support areas to continuously improve operations in his/her area.
- Direct hourly work assignments.
- Investigate and resolve problems and issues as they arise in area.
- Achieve goals in productivity, quality, and schedule attainment.
- Develop short term plans to support production plan.
- Coach employees to accomplish their tasks.
- Train and evaluate new employees.
- Communicate with other areas to assure completion of goals of on time delivery and quality.
- Propose and support continuous improvement initiatives in all areas of the plant.
- Audit compliance to establish process and policies requested by management.
3. Skills and Abilities Required
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and technical skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in the electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and Air conditioning systems is desired.
- Experience implementing or being part of a Lean Manufacturing organizations.
- Demonstrated success in implementation of continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ability to read and interpret prints and engineering documents.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office (Power Point, Excel, and Word).
- Self-motivated with ability to foster moral amongst his/her team.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, Advanced Degree in business is preferred.
- Proficient in the knowledge of hand tools, power tools, and electronic repair equipment.
- Experience working in Union environments is preferred.
- Experience working in heavy manufacturing of low volume high mix is highly desirable
- Specific knowledge and work experience in one or more of the following area: Fabrication, Machining, Welding, Body and Paint work, Vehicle Mechanical Assembly, Vehicle Electrical Assembly.