1. Position Description
Responsible for health, safety, and workers compensation claims management for a fabrication, paint and assembly manufacturing operation on 60+ acres with multiple buildings in addition to three (3) smaller satellite service, refurbishment and light assembly locations. A continuous improvement approach is necessary with a hands-on engaged style when establishing and improving the overall safety of the Company. This position will be responsible for all aspects of safety. Position will support multiple locations out of the Clintonville WI location.
2. Essential Job Functions
- Developing and executing health and safety plans in the workplace that meet or exceed legal guidelines and requirements as well as Company standards.
- Insure that management understands OSHA regulations and standards, including guidance on handling OSHA compliance, inspections, and citations.
- Identification and delivery of effective safety training to all levels of the Company.
- Investigate work place incidents and near misses to discover root cause and work with the supervisor of the area to complete incident report and eliminate the hazard.
- Implement measurements to track results of safety programs.
- Lead or support problem solving and lean implementation in the manufacturing process, focusing on improvement in safety due to improvements in (i) Employee Attitudes & Behaviors, (ii) Facilities, Equipment, Tools & Fixtures and (iii) Policies & Procedures.
- Responsible for managing and administering Workers Compensation claims including management of the Company’s insurance carrier, outside attorneys, private investigators and Independent Medical Examiners (“IME”).
- Hold Workers Compensation carrier accountable for proper management of claims.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining safety procedures, policies, and handbook that establish a culture of health and safety.
- Ensure Company written programs are reviewed and are kept current.
- Responsible for industrial hygiene and related testing for multiple locations.
- Lead monthly Safety Committee Meeting.
- Attend industry trade shows and training to maintain current knowledge of health and safety.
- Must sign off on plant wide investment, layout changes, and process changes insure that they are compliant with Company safety policies and requirements.
- Lead a team in implementing and maintaining a Learning Management System / Training Tracking System.
- Other duties as assigned.
3. Skills and Abilities Required
- Proven record of consistently improving safety performance.
- Strong working knowledge of OSHA standards and regulations.
- Solid working knowledge of incident investigation and ergonomics in a manufacturing setting.
- Must be a self-starter that will search for and resolve safety related opportunities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Disciplined and detailed conscious work habits with a strong work ethic.
- Good written and oral skills for communication at all levels of the organization.
4. Experience and Education Desired
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety, Safety Engineering or related field.
- Five years of professional health and safety experience preferably in manufacturing.
- Certified Safety Professional (“CSP”) status.
- Experience working in a Union shop.
- Experience as a first responder or EMS background.
Ability to travel up to 10 percent of the time
To apply please send resume to HR@Seagrave.com