1. Position Description
Provide leadership to the paint and body function and team within the Company, implementing and continuously improving the paint and body systems. Ensure that the Paint and Body procedures are followed and product is compliant with specifications, regulations and customer requirements. This is the Company’s central point of management for paint and body activities internal and external.
2. Essential Job Functions
- Supervise employees on the execution of production or other tasks in accordance with a production plan.
- Maintain Safety awareness and support implementation of prevention initiatives.
- Enforce Company policies including discipline, safety, and attendance.
- Maintain, update, and ensure compliance with paint and body related environmental policies.
- Work with support areas to continuously improve operations in his/her area.
- Investigate and resolve problems and issues as they arise in the paint and body area.
- Achieve goals in productivity, quality, and schedule attainment.
- Develop short term plans to support production plan.
- Develop, implement, and maintain paint and body shop schedules to align with other Departments to meet deadlines.
- Coach, train, and evaluate employees to accomplish their tasks.
- Communicate with other areas to assure completion of goals of on time delivery and quality.
- Propose and support continuous improvement initiatives within area of responsibility.
- Audit compliance to establish process and policies requested by management.
- Other duties as assigned.
3. Skills and Abilities Required
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and technical skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience working with PPG Delfeeet paint system or similar.
- Experience implementing or being part of a Lean Manufacturing or continuous improvement organizations.
- Ability to read and interpret prints and engineering documents.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office (Power Point, Excel, and Word).
- Self-motivated with ability to foster morale amongst his/her team.
- Five years’ experience working in and managing paint and body operations.
- Bachelors Degree in or related technical field is preferred.
- Proficient in the knowledge of paint and body shop tools.
- Experience working in Union environments is preferred.
- Experience working in heavy manufacturing with a low volume high mix product is highly desirable.
To apply please send resume to HR@Seagrave.com