Summary of Duties
Write programs or nesting for various fabrication machines including Brake Press, Laser, etc. Inform appropriate personnel of mistakes on or clarifications required on drawings or routing changes for process improvements.
Essential Job Functions
- Create programs and nesting daily for miscellaneous fabricating machines by material type per the MRP schedule.
- Ability to make process and productivity improvements while performing duties.
- Ensure downstream operations have required parts when required.
Skill level & Responsibilities
- Needs to have an understanding of basic laser and operation and brake press operation.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and weld symbols.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all unites of measure, using whole number, common fractions, and decimals and ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Review job order, CAD drawings, or specs, understand tool paths, and analyze data for calculations/critical paths.
- Pervious experience working with or programing brake press and laser.
- Knowledge of database software; inventory software; manufacturing software; and spreadsheet software.
- Use of the AS400 computer system
- Use of Auto CAD or Solidworks.
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to HR@Seagrave.com